About the Society
The Pacific Coast Obstetrical and Gynecological Society consists of physicians dedicated to excellence in the health care of women. The membership is composed of physicians board certified in obstetrics and gynecology on the faculty of major universities on the west coast as well as community physicians noted for their clinical expertise and leadership in obstetrics and gynecology. Members come from Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Idaho. Membership is limited and is by invitation only. All members are required to present an original research paper prior to becoming a member.
The Society provides continued professional learning for its members throughout their careers through an annual meeting where Fellows and guests present their papers. Also the society is involved with social issues and health care delivery to women as well as education to women about health care.
PCOGS Mission Statement
The Pacific Coast Obstetrical and Gynecological Society is composed of physicians who are dedicated to excellence in the field of obstetrical and gynecological health care. These physicians will:
· Be of honorable character and reputation,
· Promote cooperative efforts and unity between private practitioners and those in the academic sector,
· Advance scientific knowledge related to the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
· Provide Continuing Medical Education for its participating Fellows
· Support physicians in training so as to encourage careers in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and
· Address issues which impact health care delivery including social issues, disparities that affect practitioners and patients, as well as the education of patients in regard to their health.